Okay, so now what? Local pols like State Rep. Nick Collins and City Councilor Michael Flaherty have publicly voiced their concerns about the MBTA in particular the bus situation in Southie. News station and newspapers have picked up the stories of the crowds of people waiting for buses and the terrible and unreliable service that the MBTA provides. (If we had a nickel for every email or tweet we received about the T, we’d have a lot of nickels!) Collins and State Senator Linda Dorcena Forry have requested the the MBTA to hold neighborhood meetings to discuss service improvement. We encourage you to attend if and when it’s scheduled.
It’s been almost a year since the last MBTA bus community meeting happened at the Tynan. At the meeting, service, bus routes and new bust stops – with some stops being eliminated were discussed. So now that 12 months have passed, has anything changed? No. Not one thing.
So can the bus situation be fixed? We’re not sure. Collins has some ideas. CIS readers have some ideas – just read the comments in any bus post we’ve ever written. So until the next community meeting, fill out this MBTA census, and reach out to your elected officials. Keep the subject in the spotlight!
We encourage you to reach out to our community leaders.
- State Representative Nick Collins – 617-722-2080 Email: [email protected]
- State Senator Linda Dorcena Forry – Phone: 617-722-1150 Email: [email protected]
- City Councilor Bill Linehan – 617.635.3203 – [email protected]
- City Councilor Michael Flaherty – 617.635.4205 [email protected]
- John Allison– Office Of Neighborhood Services for the City of Boston 617.635.2680 – [email protected]
Leave A Comment