UPDATE: Mayor Walsh spoke about the 11-year-old boy whose hand was injured due to fireworks at his press conference on Friday. He stated that the situation was totally preventable. The Boston Herald has an update on this. You can read about it here.
Original report below:
Boston EMS Incidents is reporting that an 11-year-old child was stuck by fireworks on Mercer Street in South Boston on Tuesday night around 9:40pm. The child’s hand was partially amputated. A tourniquet was applied and the child was taken to an area hospital.
To say fireworks in the city of Boston this summer has been issue would be an understatement. You can read more about this here.