We know Southie is the best! Well, Boston Magazine thinks so too (sort of)! Here is a list of award winner from South Boston for the Best of Boston.
Drum roll, please:
South Boston Neighborhood:
- Best Cafe – Cranberry Cafe
- Best Bar – Local 149
- Best Restaurant – Franklin Cafe
- Best Brunch – Lincoln Tavern
- Best Takeout – Tasty Burger
- Best Diversion – Castle Island
Fort Point Neighborhood/Waterfront:
- Best Cafe – Flour Bakery
- Best Bar – Lucky’s Lounge
- Best Restaurant – Row 34
- Best Brunch – Sam’s @Louis
- Best Takeout – Blue Dragon
- Best Diversion – The ICA
- Best Diner: The Galley
- Best Late Dining: Tavern Road
- Best Cocktail Bar: Drink
- Best Fish&Chips: Yankee Lobster
- Best Children’s Shop: Bringing Up Baby
Congratulations to all the winners! Keep making Southie proud!
It sort of bothers me that Boston Magazine needs to separate South Boston into two neighborhoods. Why don’t they do that for Dorchester? It also bothers us that when listing places like Drink, Tavern Road, Bringing Up Baby they were listed as Boston – not South Boston or even Fort Point for that matter. Let’s give credit where credit is due. Final gripe? Watertown, Cambridge and Somerville are not Boston. Gheesh!
Comments are closed.