From our friends at Nutritious Navigation
Game day is almost here! The hype is on and the excitement is sure to only get greater and greater as we get closer to the big day. Yes, the Superbowl is just like any other special occasion, it only comes around once a year. However, try to avoid letting all of your healthy focus vanish if you’re headed out to a Superbowl party or hosting yourself. Try to pick and choose your foods carefully throughout the day to avoid taking in too many extra calories.
Tips to stay on track:
- Eat a balanced breakfast and lunch to avoid going into a party too hungry.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Avoid “picking” or taking handfuls of food at a time. If you want chips, take a handful, put some on your plate and enjoy!
- Try to avoid sitting directly in front of the tempting food.
- Try to get in a walk or some form of exercise in to help balance out some of those indulgences!
Here are some personal favorite healthier recipes to try for gameday!
Baked zucchini sticks
Black Bean Quesadillas
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing
Lightened-Up Asian Turkey Sliders
Warm Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Ginger-Teriyaki BBQ Chicken Meatballs
As always, the dietitians at Nutritious Navigation are happy to work with you to meet your health and weight goals. Please feel free to reach out to learn more about our services. www.nutritiousnavigation.com Thank you! Most importantly, GO PATS!