Kicking off a year of commemorations celebrating 100 years since the 19th Amendment was adopted in 1920, enabling women to vote. Celebrate at a special event on Tuesday, June 25th from 5pm-7pm at Faneuil Hall.
The event will feature a live performance by Boston Children’s Chorus, and an original performance art piece by History At Play. Speakers will be announced shortly. All are encouraged to join in celebrating – dress in all white, wear your sashes, don suffrage colors purple and gold, and feel free to bring children and young folks, too.
The event is free, open to the public, and wheelchair accessible. Please remember to register for the event:
- Master of Ceremonies: Shirley Leung, The Boston Globe
- Founder and President Women’s Suffrage Celebration Coalition, Fredie Kay
- Lt. Governor Karyn Polito
- Senate President Karen Spilka
- Founder and President Barbara Lee Family Foundation, Barbara Lee
- Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh, video welcome
- Attorney General Maura Healey
- House Speaker Robert DeLeo
- Executive Director MassVote, Cheryl Clyburn Crawford
- Framingham Mayor Yvonne Spicer
- Salem Mayor Kim Driscoll
- Author and Historian Barbara Berenson
- Boston City Council President Andrea Campbell