InnerCity Weightlifting is a program that attempts of reach out to Boston gang members by using the sport of weightlifting. This program plans to open a training center in South Boston at 12 B Street (behind the Chuck and Anne’s sub shop) within the next few weeks.
Just the facts:
- InnerCity Weightlifting will feature academic tutoring, career counseling, job search support and as a personal training studio where “students” will go through a 6 month program to be certified as personal trainers
- InnerCity Weightlifting has offered to open their facilities to support South Boston youth as well.
- The organization has already signed a 3 year lease with the landlord and
- has received approval from Inspectional Services regarding operation of the facility.
- The local neighborhood associations have invited the founder of InnerCity
- Weightlifting to a meeting with the community to discuss his program and his plans to locate this facility in South Boston, and for residents to determine if this plan is in our best interest.
DATE & TIME: Monday, August 8th at 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Boys & Girls Club (230 West Sixth Street)
For more information about this organization visit http://www.innercityweightlifting.org/index.php