Hug it out!
It’s National Hug Day and a perfect excuse to give and get hugs! What’s better than that? National Hug Day was established in 1986 in Caro, Michigan and has spread to all over the world.
Hugs are good for you:
- Research shows that hugs are a powerful way of healing. A good, deep hug and improve the following:
- Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
- Hugging boosts self-esteem.
- Hugging relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can take away pain; they soothe aches by increasing circulation into the soft tissues.
- Hugs are so much like meditation and laughter. They teach us to let go and be present in the moment.
- According to Virginia Satir Family Therapist, “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.
Let the hugging begin!