Who’s the most famous of ’em all?
From an Olympic athlete, to a notorious criminal, Boston.com is in search of the most famous person from South Boston.
12 names are on the ballot including:
- James Connolly – Olympic Gold Medal winner
- Brian Goodman – actor, writer and director
- Eugene Lally – rocket scientist
- James “Whitey” Bulger – notorious gangster
- David Lindsay-Abaire – Pulitzer Prize-winning writer
- William Bulger – Senate president and former president of UMass Boston
- Stephen Lynch – US Representative
- Michael Patrick MacDonald – author and activist
- Pat Nee – IRA gun runner and local mobster
- Brian Noonan – former NHL player and Stanley Cup winner
- Kevin Weeks – local criminal and former associate of Whitey Bulger
- Edward Logan – Logan airport named after him. War hero and served in the Legislature
Vote on the two celebrities you want to represent Southie in a bracket-style competition that will give one Greater Boston community bragging rights for having the most famous resident. http://www.boston.com/yourtown/boston/southboston/gallery/famous_celebrities_from_south_boston?pg=14
Really? They need a competition? Everyone knows Southie is #1 https://caughtinsouthie.com/feature/southie-1
Another question – no women? Not one famous South Boston woman?