Written by H. Louise Messinger
After last month’s meeting at Condon School, I can’t help but wonder- if the games do come- how Boston might make the Olympics our own? Here are a few events we might look forward to:
- Opening Ceremonies: The parade may need to be cut short, and all after-parties canceled, but it will happen, come Hell or high water!
- Red Line Track Events: Racers can hoof it between Andrew Station and Braintree- it’s the most reliable method of travel, after all.
- Patriot Style Weightlifting: How they deflate the weights is a mystery.
- Numbered Street Cycling: For added excitement, some of the streets on the course have been changed from two-way to one-way. Now, was it “Odds go West and Evens go East?” Or the
- other way around?!
- Loon Mountain High Dive: Divers fly from a triple-decker roof to the swim pool; points are awarded for precision, originality, and annoying city officials.