Week of August 12th
Southie Strong. Two Southie residents have designed a special t-shirt in Amy Lord’s memory. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Amy Lord Scholarship Fund at Amy’s high school Minnechaug Regional High School in Wilbraham. To purchase a t-shirt visit:
http://chillybearsdesign.com/southiestrong (FYI – Womens sizing runs small – so order a size up.)
One our favorite old school Southie Bars, Williams Tavern (92 A Street) now has trivia! Enjoy Stump! Trivia on Tuesday evenings. This cozy spot located at the corner of A and West Second Street now offers a small menu of comfort classics like Shepherd’s Pie, Steak Tips and burgers. They open daily at 8am-12am.
A big Southie shout-out to the local businesses that won the coveted Best of Boston award by Boston Magazine. Drum roll please:
- Franklin Southie – Best Neighborhood Restaurant (in South Boston)
- Sportello, owned and operated by Southie girl Barbara Lynch – Best Neighborhood Restaurant (Fort Point)
- Peter Welch’s Gym won for Best Gym Specialized
- LaMontagne Gallery on East Second Street was awarded Best Art Gallery
- American Provisions – Best Gourmet Shop
- Sadie Higgins, Sarra – Best Eye Brow Shaping
Keep up the amazing work and thanks for helping us to keep the Southie #1 title!
Bill Bret, local photographer and longtime Director of Photography for the Boston Globe, will be the featured speaker of at the August 17th monthly meeting of the South Boston Artists Association. The meeting begins at 9:30am at the Curley Recreation Center. This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
Mark your calendar. Planet Southie will host a community meeting at the Condon School on Tuesday, August 20th from 6pm-7pm. The subject of the meeting is proposed bike lanes in South Boston. Be informed. Get involved.