Week of July 8th
Heading to the beach? Two local businesses want to help make your trip a little more delicious:
- Tasty Burger will deliver them to you. Enjoy a complimentary cooler and koozies when you order a sack of burgers. Order it up via tasty Burgers new iPhone app and enjoy 10% off your first order.
- Local 149 is now serving boxed lunches on Thursdays and Fridays. Featuring such favorites as fried chicken, grilled veggie wrap and the Local Cheeseburger, the boxed lunch is perfect for taking to the beach. All boxed lunches are served with chips, fruit and cole slaw. Prices range from $10-$14. For more information visit www.local49.com
I scream. You scream! We all scream for ice cream! It’s National Ice Cream month and the perfect excuse to indulge in the sweet and creamy treat. Cafe Arpeggio (398 West Broadway) offers homemade ice cream handmade by Rob on Wednesdays. There are over 103 flavors in a 15 to 20 weekly rotation from vanilla to mint triple chip. They also serve banana splits and sundaes. Yum!
Marni and Prada and Mui Mui! Oh my! It’s the annual Louis summer sale and get while it’s hot! Offering 30% to 70 % off womens, mens and accessories, this sale is epic and worth the trip! The sale begins on Wednesday, July 10th. For more information visit: http://www.louisboston.com/
Books and the beach. Enjoy some good old fashioned family fun with the South Boston Neighborhood House! On Thursday, July 11 bring the family to Carson Beach from 6pm to 8pm. There will be music, dancing, kids activities, and a free book to take home for families! Nice!
Annual Mary Binda Memorial Harbor Cruise – Enjoy a summer’s night on the high seas aboard the Provincetown II. On Wednesday, July 10th from 7pm to 10:00, help support the South Boston Boys & Girls club with a night of fun featuring three decks worth of entertainment:
- Top deck: dance the night away with DJ spinning your favorite tunes
- Mid deck: show off your voice at with Karaoke. Prizes will be awarded
- Bottom deck: offers music from the the 50’s and 60’s.
Boat leaves from Commonwealth Pier. Limited transportation provided by Old Town Trolley available from 4:30 until 6:30 (return trips after cruise). Stops will include : Andrew Square, Boys & Girls Club (more tba)
The night will also include raffles and a silent auction. All proceeds will support the summer programs at the club.
Tickets for the event can be purchased online at www.bgcb.org
$25.00 each/$20 for group sales (10 or more) and seniors
Or purchase your tickets at the Club. For more information contact Pattie at [email protected] or 617.516.5442
must be 21 and over – id’s checked at gate