Just a few of the fun things happening in Southie we’d like to suggest.
- Help the kids at the Ollie (South Boston Neighborhood House) win Red Sox tickets. The South Boston Neighborhood House is one of the 10 finalists in the Highland Foundation Red Sox Giveaway. If the Ollie wins they will receive tickets to the July 22nd Red Sox game. Each of the top five organizations will also receive $25 per person in concession vouchers, customized t-shirts, hats, wrist-bands, Red Sox books, and other baseball-themed keepsakes. Voting is open through May 31st. To cast your vote go to www.highlandstreet.org Good luck kids!
- Go on a bird safari Down Under at the Franklin Park Zoo! Over 300 Budgies (a fancy word for parakeets) in all their colorful glory fill the Aussie Aviary. For $2 bucks you can purchase a feed stick (a popsicle stick covered in bird seed) hold it out and get up close and personal with some feathered friends. Lots of fun!
- On Tuesday, May 10th from 7pm to 10pm, Barlow’s (241 A Street) will be hosting a Dewar’s tasting. Stop by and sample some smooth blended scotch whiskey. Leave your car at home.
- I’ll trade ya! Habit (703 East Broadway) is hosting an accessories swap party on Thursday, May 12th from 6:30-8:30. Bring 5 accessories that you are willing to part with – you know handbags, scarves jewelry – and you’ll enjoy 20% off of something new at Habit and 50% off the sales rack. And you never know – you might just get a perfect pair of earrings for the scarf you never wear. Appetizers and drinks will be served. See you there!
- Weezer will be in town next week singing their hits like “Buddy Holly”, “Pork and Beans”, and “The Sweater Song”. On Thursday, May 19th at 7:30 lead singer River Cuomo and the rest of the band will take the stage at the Bank of America Pavilion – a perfect spot to see any band.