Let the countdown begin! Just two weeks until the Lawn on D opens for another season of fun. The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority announced that The Lawn On D (Powered by Citizens Bank) will open its doors for a sixth season on Thursday, May 2nd.
This year’s lineup includes weekly themed parties, live bands, a variety of pop-up activities, as well as crowd favorites like Summer Block Party and Pumpkin Palooza! They’ll be kicking off the season with the first Signature Event of the season – Swing into Spring, on May 4, followed by a Cinco De Mayo celebration on May 5.
Here’s this season’s lineup
- May 4 – Swing into Spring – The Lawn On D’s traditional Opening Day celebration!
- New! June 16 – Take Me Out to the Ballgame – We’ll be bringing all of the fun from America’s oldest ballpark to
- The Lawn On D! Highlights include the famous Red Sox Showcase, a live Red Sox game shown on a jumbotron, photo ops, and a variety of fun activities.
- July 6 & 7 – Summer Block Party – One of our most popular events, featuring bubble soccer, mini golf, rock climbing, and a return engagement with the Blue Man Group which will include an exclusive set plus the annual drum-off competition!
- September 14 – More details coming soon.
- October 26 & 27 – Pumpkin Palooza – Another all-time favorite bringing tons of Halloween fun for all ages and thousands of free pumpkins to The Lawn On D!
The much loved Monday Funday community outreach program also returns, building on last year’s highly successful partnership with the Boston Centers for Youth & Families. The Lawn On D will welcome summer youth programs and thousands of campers from across the city for games and entertainment provided by our friends from the Museum of Science, the New England Aquarium, Animal Adventures Family Zoo & Rescue Center, and more.
“As the stewards of Boston’s most innovative and active public space, we are proud to again deliver a diverse mix of free, high-quality community programming for guests of all ages at The Lawn On D,” said David Gibbons, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. “The Lawn’s popularity continues to grow every season and we look forward to celebrating with our guests in an environment that is safe, fun, and educational.”
Bar in a Box
A key new addition this season is the so-called “Bar in a Box” which debuted during The Lawn On D’s winter pop-up Chillin’ On D. The full-service bar, created from a refurbished 20-foot shipping container, will be located on the North side of The Lawn On D near the Westin. The ‘Bar in a Box’ will encourage further activation of the full lawn and provide additional options for access to food and drinks while also reducing service wait times for guests.
“We are excited to be entering our fourth year as the premier F&B events and concession provider, and are ready to deliver an even better season”, said David Doyle, Regional Director of Rebel Restaurants. “The Lawn On D’s weekly schedule is once again filled with fun activities and entertainment to suit all ages. Mark your calendar – we look forward to seeing you!”
And of course, the Lawn On D’s most iconic feature, Swing Time 3.0, will be back with swing colors changing from blue to orange when in movement.
To stay up to date on the latest announcements, full program, and schedule of events go to LawnOnD.com/calendar, follow The Lawn on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also sign up for The Lawn On D’s weekly newsletter by visiting their website.