Join Boston Harbor Now for the second walk (in a series of four) that will trace the 9-mile waterfront of South Boston and the Seaport on Saturday, October 12th from 9am-12:30pm.
You’ll walk in South Boston and the Seaport from Carson Beach to Moakley Bridge around Pleasure Bay and Castle Island, along Butler Memorial Park, around historic piers. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased here!
You’ll be traveling by the Flynn Cruiseport and Conley Terminal, and will be joined by Massport’s Chief Development Officer Andrew Hargens who will kick off the walk. We’ll also be joined by members of the Friends of the Boston Harborwalk and representatives from some of the waterfront developments that we’ll be passing, but it will not be a formal walking tour. Light refreshments will be provided at the start and end points of the walk.
This walk is a great opportunity to learn about the Harbor you love, connect to fellow community members, and get some healthy aerobic exercise in true 80’s style! The first walk will take place in Dorchester. You can learn more here!
- A guided adventure along Boston’s waterfront at a breezy walking pace
- An 80’s retro-branded, throwback fanny pack loaded with yummy snacks
- A fun way to meet your daily recommended step count and burned calories
- Hot coffee (served before the walk)
- Refreshments (served at the end of the walk)
- A chance to make new friends and memories on Boston’s Harborwalk!
Please be advised: The walk will include a mixture of sidewalks, paths, dirt trails, and potentially stairs that participants will need to navigate. Participants should be in good health and able to walk for several hours at a steady pace.
This walking group has space for 150 participants, including resilient children and well-behaved dogs on leashes.