Family Fun Pick! Come on our for a day of good old fashioned family fun on Farragut Road on Saturday, June 25th at the Donny Higgins Memorial Street Hockey and Family Fun Day! The day kicks off with a day-long street hockey tournament at the outdoor rink. Whether you play or watch and cheer, this will be an exciting day of sportsmanship. There will be also be kids activities, a DJ, and refreshments beginning at 12pm. . The Donald Higgins Memorial Arena is located Farragut Road, South Boston (between Broadway and East Second Street) For more information visit their website!
- It begins at 8am sharp on Saturday, June 25th.
- It is a double elimination tournament with 25 minute running time (in the event of a close game, time will stop the last 2 minutes.)
- HELMETS ARE MANDATORY,
- Hockey Gloves are optional but encouraged to wear!
- NO ROLLERBLADES!
- Players will receive their team shirt the day of the event.
- Teams that advance for the semifinal and final will be played on Sunday morning starting at 9am!
- It’s also a family fun day! Stop by and watch the games and participate in the kids activities between 11:30am and 4:30pm!
- Mighty Mite game will be played at 11am on Saturday. They will play one game with the same rules that apply for the tournament.
- This family friendly event is in memory of Donny Higgins – beloved member of the South Boston community!
See team rosters and schedules below:
Leave A Comment