Please be advised that from Thursday, May 4th to Thursday, May 18th the westbound lanes of Seaport Boulevard from Seaport Lane to B Street will be closed for full roadway reconstruction.
From Northern Avenue East: At the D Street Intersection, turn left to and continue to Congress Street. Continue on Congress Street East until B Street. Turn Right onto B Street and continue to Seaport Boulevard. Turn Left onto Seaport Boulevard.
Seaport Hotel Traffic from Northern Avenue East: As normal, continue past detour signage at D Street intersection and turn left onto Seaport Lane.
Timing: The westbound lanes will be closed at all times between May 4-May 18.
Purpose: The roadway is being reconstructed as part of the Commonwealth Pier Revitalization Project to provide revised drainage and to reconstruct the center median.
The Roadway reconstruction includes the following scope of work:
• Establishing work safety zone consisting of traffic barriers, gates, and construction fencing
• Full depth removal of the existing roadway system using excavators with material being trucked offsite
• Raising roadway elevation up to 18 inches across the entire Westbound lanes via new subgrade materials delivered by truck
• Grading, preparing, and compacting the subgrade materials in preparation for binder course paving
• Adjusting approximately twenty manholes, castings, and other utility structures
• Installation of binder course asphalt paving
• Delivery and installation of approximately 1,600 linear feet of granite curbing to create new roadway median
• Binder course asphalt infill at areas of curb installation
• Installation of temporary roadway markings
CONTACT THE PROJECT
Construction-Related Concerns: 617-839-2201
Questions via email: [email protected]
Special Thank You to FortPointBoston.com for sharing this info with us!
Maureen Dahill is the editor of Caught in Southie and a lifelong resident of South Boston sometimes mistaken for a yuppie. Co-host of Caught Up, storyteller, lover of red wine and binge watching TV series. Mrs. Peter G. Follow her @MaureenCaught.
Leave A Comment