sign of the times
In a scene right out of Pixar’s movie Up, development of high-rise buildings and new restaurants surround and all but swallow up the waterfront’s Our Lady of Good Voyage – a small chapel belonging to St. Vincent’s Parish in South Boston. With more development in the future, this little church will be moving from its home on Northern Ave to a few blocks over onto the corner of Seaport Blvd and Sleeper Street at 51 Seaport Blvd. The old church building will soon to make room for a new 22-story office building development. The new Our Lady of Good Voyage hopes to be open by Christmas of 2016.
According to Masslive.com in an article by Garrett Quinn, John Hynes and Boston Global Investors have signed a purchase and sales agreement with the Archdiocese of Boston for the land where the chapel sits. This agreement is contingent on the relocation and rebuilding of a new Lady of Good Voyage.
The chapel has been part of the South Boston waterfront since 1952.
To read the full history and story of Our Lady of Good Voyage visit: http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2014/03/our_lady_of_good_voyage_chapel.html
Comments are closed.
Thats a shame