0.5 min readBy Published On: November 2nd, 2015Categories: News1 Comment

Monsignor Powers Housing Complex

If you live in City Point, you most likely heard the fire trucks heading to  L Street on Sunday night.

Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire at the Monsignor Powers elderly housing  at 120 L Street.  Fire began in bedroom of an apartment on the fourth floor.  Fire officials believe it was caused by careless disposal of smoking material. Two people were transported to the hospital with minor injuries. One firefighter was injured with a hand laceration and taken to the hospital. 

Damage from the incident could be close to $50,000. 

One Comment

  1. Anonymous November 2, 2015 at 9:52 pm

    Monsignor Powers must be rolling over in his grave. First Aunt Zenuti, now people smoking in a no smoking development.

Comments are closed.