Organizers of First Night Boston say the event will adhere to all current city of Boston and Massachusetts safety precautions as it relates to COVID-19, including mandatory mask wearing indoors. First Night Boston has moved nearly all indoor programming to outdoor venues for this year’s event. First Night organizers are also encouraging guests to wear a mask in crowded areas.
Here’s a breakdown of where and when events are taking place:
- 12 p.m. – Performances begin at the Main Stage in Copley Square, outside of Copley Place Mall, outside of Boston Public Library
- 5:50 p.m. – Welcome from Boston mayor Michelle Wu at the Main Stage in Copley Square
- 6 p.m. – People’s procession from Copley Square to Boston Common
- 6 p.m. – Skating Club of Boston’s Frog Pond Skating Spectacular begins at Boston Common Frog Pond
- 7 p.m. – Family Fireworks over Boston Common
- 7:30 p.m. – Copley countdown begins in Copley Square, music returns to the Main Stage
- 11:30 p.m. – Silver Arrow Band to take the Main Stage
- 11:59 p.m. – Pyrotechnics and Copley Countdown in Copley Square
- 12 a.m. – Boston Harbor Fireworks
Here’s a full list of the First Night Schedule with details!
Mayor Wu has also scheduled a press conference for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday to discuss changes etc. for First Night Boston.