The South Boston Leadership Initiative and Boston Centers for Youth and Families Curley Community Center have joined forces to offer a summer long youth fitness and nutrition in Southie. The program is open to South Boston residents and students between the ages of 12-18 and will be free. It will be held at the Curley Rec. Center (aka the L).
Some highlights include :
– Summer of 2014 (June 30rd – August 22nd)
– 4 sessions per week (Mon – Thurs)
– Additional unique opportunities on Fridays to be introduced to a variety of activities (spinning, yoga, boxing, etc.)
– Group 1: Ages 15-18 (7:30am-9:30am)
– Group 2: Ages 12-14 (9:30am-10:30am)
This unique program, will be facilitated by Southie’s own Thomas Regan, of Regan’s Motivated Fitness. The program “will look to use fitness and nutrition as a means of instilling healthy lifestyles to the youth in South Boston.” While focusing on everything from flexibility to nutrition to sport-specific weight training, each participant will improve not just physically but mentally as well.
For more information and to sign up please go to www.southbostonleadership.org. Informational packets will be distributed after the sign up process. Also, space is limited – so register today!
Stay happy and healthy!