The results from our survey a few weeks ago were outstanding! 77% of those who completed the survey said they would like Taco Bell in Southie. With your support, along with other Taco Bell fans in the area, we will be serving up your favorite items just around the corner in early 2022. We would love to hear from you and keep you informed about our progress. Please send us an email at [email protected].
For those who responded negatively, we want to make sure you understand that this new Taco Bell is very different than the Taco Bell you might remember from years ago. The new design is sleek and modern, the menu has been completely updated with options for just about any preference or dietary restriction, and the brand is making dreams come true for young people across the country through the Taco Bell Foundation. We have a team of individuals dedicated to designing, building, and operating this location in partnership with the community, and we are committed to making this a positive opening by addressing every concern and making all possible changes and modifications. Here are a few things that we have done to address the concerns of our neighbors:
- We changed the format from a “Cantina” to a traditional Taco Bell restaurant after neighbors opposed the sale of alcohol.
- We will be closing one hour earlier than a majority of the Taco Bell locations across the country to prevent large groups from gathering after a night out.
- Bring in a “Delivery Specialist” who will be 100% dedicated to delivery and will ensure our delivery program does not negatively impact the vehicle traffic around the location. The delivery specialist will hand deliver orders to delivery drivers and manage the overall flow of the program to help prevent double parking and congestion. In addition, we will direct all delivery pick-ups to be at the front of our building, further reducing congestion.
- We agreed to completely cover a back window so the neighbors cannot see into the back of the restaurant.
- Although we use the nation’s leading pest service and follow strict brand guidelines, we agreed to double the frequency of standard pest service to ensure there are no problems.
- To prevent any visible trash, have contracted with our vendor to have our trash removed every single day and trash will not go out until 1 hour prior to pick up.
- Consolidated our food and product deliveries to one vendor with only 2 deliveries per – with and all deliveries at night.
We genuinely want to be part of the community and even relocated one of our most seasoned operators to the area to oversee this project. He will serve as a brand ambassador and will be the single point of contact for our new south Boston location. His wife and children are getting to know the south Boston area and are proud to call this area their new home.
If you have comments or questions regarding this location, please send us an email at [email protected].
Maureen Dahill is the editor of Caught in Southie and a lifelong resident of South Boston sometimes mistaken for a yuppie. Co-host of Caught Up, storyteller, lover of red wine and binge watching TV series. Mrs. Peter G. Follow her @MaureenCaught.
Leave A Comment