Let the hunt begin!
On Saturday, September 1st, be prepared to see hundreds of people scouring the streets of Southie in search of clues. It’s Scavenger in Southie, the brain child of Southie resident Victoria Montemayer, a fun-filled event for residents of all ages to help raise funs for the veterans of South Boston and help you learn a little history along the way. Here are some fun facts that you should know.
5 Fun Facts about Scavenger Southie:
- The idea for a scavenger hunt came to organizer Victoria Montemayer when she stumbled upon the Fitzgerald VFW. Victoria thought, “What other places in Southie do I not know about?” and the rest is history.
- The Family Scavenger Hunt route was designed by the South Boston MOMS Club
- People from France, New York and Los Angeles have visited the Scavenger in Southie site to get the scoop on the hunt
- Going to be out of town next weekend? You can still play a game called #findmeinsouthie. Read the rules so you know how to play. Visit: http://scavengerinsouthie.wordpress.com/play-findmeinsouthie/
- How to play! Gather up some friends, create a team name and sign up. Show up at the VFW (7 Ellery Street/Andrew Square) on Saturday, September 1st for your list of clues. Search the streets of Southie! Win some prizes! A great way to say thank you to South Boston veterans.
For more information visit: http://scavengerinsouthie.wordpress.com/