Vanessa Kafka of Hailo Boston
We have been deeply saddened to read about the recent assaults involving livery cab drivers. Your safety is one of the most important things to us here at Hailo. We want to emphasize that Hailo only works with licensed taxi drivers. Our passengers can be assured that they are in the safest of hands whenever using Hailo. However, we know that using Hailo may not always be an option.
In those instances, here are a few tips to keep you safe:
- Always look for a medallion posted on the rear of a Boston-licensed taxi
- Check that there is a meter in the taxi and that it is on once your trip starts
- Ask for your driver’s name and ask him to show you his Hackney Driver’s license
- Keep your cell phone in your hand
- Don’t get into anything but a licensed taxi if hailing on the street?
Getting into a car with a stranger requires a high level of trust between the passenger and driver. We strongly encourage you to only take licensed taxis when hailing on the street. If you’re not sure if it’s a taxi, ask someone to call you a taxi or wait with you. There is nothing more important to us than ensuring that you arrive to your destination safe and sound.