Be informed. Get involved. Join today!
Did you know that 20-34 year olds make up one third of Boston’s population? With that in mind, back in 2004, the City of Boston started ONEin3 – a program connects Boston’s young adults with resources related to home buying, business development, professional networking and civic engagement. A vital aspect of ONEin3 is the Council, which brings together a group of civic-minded young adults to work on projects designed to engage this demographic and maximize contributions made to the City by the 35% of Bostonians between the ages of 20-34. The goal is to continue to build Boston as an inviting, connected, culturally rich and sustainable place for young people.
To apply to be a part of this important group visit: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1489472/Apply
The deadline is Friday, January 24, 2014.
Did you know?:
- 35% of Boston’s Population
- Highest proportion of 20-34 year olds out of any major city in the country
- 48% of Boston’s workforce
- 26% of South Boston’s population
- 60% were born outside of Mass.
- Other neighborhoods with a large young adult population include : Fenway, Brighton and the North End
- 42% of 18-34 year olds have a college degree
Follow ONEin3 on twitter @onein3