Who doesn’t love a house party? The 2014 ONEin3 Council wants you to come participate in the #HUBisHome House Party on Sunday August 24, 2014, at District Hall in the Southie Waterfront from 3:00pm-6:00pm.
The afternoon will be filled with fun activities that revolve around the housing market in Boston. Participants can delve into the complex aspects of the housing market through interactive maps, house party games, and short “pitch style” presentations from community experts.
“Our goal is to provide a fun, lively atmosphere for young professionals to share their housing stories, as well as learn from the experts,” said ONEin3 Boston Manager Chloe Ryan. “Participants will develop a stronger connection with their neighborhood, learn about the market forces impacting Boston, and enjoy food, drinks, and the company of other young adults.”
Highlights of the ONEin3 House Party Include:
- “Pitch style” presentations from thought leaders on Boston’s housing future, including:
- Welcoming Remarks: Former City Councilor Mike Ross
- Transit Oriented Development: Arthur Jemison, Deputy Undersecretary and Deputy Director, Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development
- Boston Now: City Councilor Tito Jackson
- Innovation Housing: Aeron Hodges, Architect and Micro-unit Designer with ADD Inc.
- Energy Efficient Housing: Declan Keefe, Strategic Director, Placetailor Inc.
- Speed pitches on home buying 101
- Interactive art displays that encourage participants to express their thoughts on Boston’s housing market
- House party style carnival games and raffles with prizes sponsored by Sterlings, Central Wharf Co., Massage Envy, Cape Flyer, Northeastern University, and Fire + Ice Grill & Bar.
This event is free and open to all. Registration is available online, and questions can be directed to [email protected]. People are encouraged to tweet their favorite Boston pictures using the hashtag #HUBisHome.
About ONEin3 Boston
With more than one-third of Boston’s population between the ages of 20-34, Boston is the home to the highest proportion of young adults out of any major city in America. Recognizing the importance of this demographic, the City launched ONEin3 to connect Boston’s young adult population with resources related to: housing, professional development, financial health, entrepreneurship and civic engagement. For more information, please visit www.onein3boston.com.