0.7 min readBy Published On: February 10th, 2013Categories: Features0 Comments on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A message from Mayor Menino

After a child in Dorchester passed away from carbon monoxide poisoning, Mayor Menino urges us all to be careful and be aware of carbon monoxide poisoning and take safety precautions.  Remove snow around any external vents. Do not use generators indoors. Never grill inside or use your oven for heating. Do not start your car until you have cleared the tailpipe. Do not run your car in the garage, and roll down the windows while warming a parked car.

The mayor also calls upon residents to look out for neighbors especially those you may have come from warmer climates.  “Please reach out to these neighbors, and make sure they understand the dangers this much snowfall brings, and how quickly carbon monoxide can claim a life.”

Be safe!