Guide to Valentine’s Day Dinner
Local 149 (149 P Street):
Eat local at Local 149 with a special tasting menu featuring such deliciousness as Yellowtail Hamachi Tartare, Roasted Lamb Loin “Tonnato” and Slow Braised Short Ribs. Share a rich chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Cost is $55 per person and $75 with a wine pairing. For more information visit: www.local149.com
Barlow’s (241 A Street):
Share 3 Courses with someone special at Barlows. Enjoy Crab Dip for Two, Surf&Turf and Lover’s Chocolate Pot – rich Belgian chocolate served with brownies, pound cake, fresh berries and toasted marshmallows. $39.95 3 Courses for 2 with a bottle of wine is $99.95. Also featured on their special Valentine’s menu, Devil’s Tongue – Large stuffed shrimp with Serrano Pepper wrapped with Apple Smoked Bacon Served with Sweet Orange Chili, Grilled Tequila Swordfish and Lobster Ravioli.
Lucky’s Lounge (355 Congress Street):
Kick it old school and treat her like a lady at Lucky’s Lounge. Featuring the live music of Sinatra Trio featuring Alex MacDougall, 5 Course Pre Fixe for $66 per couple and roses for the ladies. Special Valentine’s menu available as well as regular menu. Visit www.luckyslounge.com to view. Reservations recommended.
Strega Waterfront (One Marina Park Drive):?Do Valentine’s Day like Tony Soprano and head to Strega Waterfront. The Chef’s Tasting Menu includes a three course meal with dishes like the Heart Shaped Ravioli, Stuffed Lobster Tail and Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Cost: $65 per person or $85 with a wine pairing.
Franklin Southie (152 Dorchester Street):
Franklin’s celebrating Valentine’s Day with a Pre Fixe menu with these romantic selections:
– Punch Bowls for 2
– Special pricing on 1/2 bottles of bubbles
– Assorted Oysters on the 1/2 shell with Champagne Mignonette
– Lobster Fettuccine with melted leeks, Shitake Mushrooms
– Slow Roasted NY Strip Steak
– Double Chocolate Terrine, Berry & Anglaise
Del Frisco’s (250 Northern Ave):
In addition to their regular menu, Del Frisco’s (250 Northern Ave.) will be serving up Filet 8oz and Lobster Tail 8oz ($79) all weekend long on both Friday, February 14th and Saturday, February 15th. For more information or to see the full menu visit: http://delfriscos.com/boston/menus/valetines-day
Coppa – (253 Shawmut Ave):
Chefs Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette invite lovebirds to celebrate Valentine’s Day in this cozy South End with a special 3-course menu including “Lady and the Tramp” Spaghetti and Meatballs; Seared Foie Gras with tamarind and persimmon; Banana and Nutella Bread Pudding and more.
Rosa Mexicano (155 Seaport Blvd.)
Couples can spice up Valentine’s Day with live mariachis, latin guitarists, complimentary Fruits of Love salsa and special menu offerings available both prix fixe and a la carte. Highlights include :
– Valentine’s Day Guacamole with pomegranate and roasted almonds
– Oysters with passion fruit cocktail sauce and green mango mignonette
– Lobster Flautas with chile de Arbol dipping sauce
– Roasted Pork Chop with mole, mint white rice and sweet plantains
– Salmon en Pepita: crab and pumpkin seed crusted filet, mashed pineapple sweet potatoes and tomatillo-jalapeno sauce
– Guacamole de Helado: Ice Cream Guacamole served in a frozen molcajete with fresh strawberries, white chocolate shavings and Mexican wedding cookie crunch. Served with chocolate dusted buñuelos.
Cook it at home:
Have a romantic dinner at home! Foodie’s (230 West Broadway) has beef tenderloin, baked stuffed shrimp, and a special chocolate fountain to make fresh chocolate dipped fruit to make chocolate dipped fruit. There will also be beautiful selection of fresh flower bouquets on hand too.
American Provisions (613 East Broadway) is featuring a curated dinner boxes which include :
2 filet mignons
fresh goat cheese
bundle of herbs
$70 – Optional: bottle of champagne for $100 total
The last day to sign up for a box is Wednesday Feb 12th by 8pm.