This is disappointing news. Asia Mei, owner and chef of Moonshine 152 announced today via social media that Monday night would be the restaurant’s last night and will be closed indefinitely. Sadly, Moonshine just celebrated its fifth anniversary in the neighborhood but thanks to the new restaurant restrictions due to COVID-19, Mei doesn’t believe the restaurant will survive.
See her post below:
**IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT–MOONSHINE’S LAST DAY**
Well yesterday was one helluva rollercoaster. I will be sure to comment more soon, but for now, the outpour of love and support from everyone in the industry and neighborhood has been nothing short of overwhelming. ❤️?? Today is a new day, and with all of the new limits on restaurant businesses– and the heaviest of hearts, I have to say that we will be shutting down Moonshine 152 (hopefully temporarily) after today (Monday).
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR RIGHT NOW:
1. We will be open under the new limited hours from 4:30pm-11pm, with full in-house bar and dining service, full menu, and full pick-up/takeout and #UberEats #Grubhub delivery services. (**Citywide ban on in-house service doesn’t go into effect until Tuesday)
2. We will be observing the new 25 person max and social distancing rules within the restaurant
3. As we organize to shut things down, we will be selling ALL HOME COOKING/STOCKING BARE ESSENTIALS– Think all prepped, raw, pantry items, fresh produce, condiments, dairy, frozen items!! (For example, all the mushroom tofu burgers that you could buy and freeze, eggs, pasta raw or parcooked, rice, fresh veggies and salads, tater tots, dairy items, kimchi, prepped beef brisket, juices…) Do not hesitate to reach out and we will get you what we can to get everyone through the next few weeks!! ❤️❤️❤️
4. Please take the opportunity to call us at 617-752-4191 for gift cards purchases, as the link for our website is down. We will take care of you!!
5. There will be a Cash Donation Jar at the restaurant & we will be selling all sorts of Moonshine small wares, art, and memorabilia to help the cause. This includes everything from Moonshine pins to any of the art that I made on the walls, chocolate fountains, a milkshake machine, a LeCreuset terrine mold, an AMAZING shaved ice machine, glasses/plates, decorations, TOILET PAPER… Please message me, call the restaurant, or email at [email protected] to inquire.
Stay tuned to see what happens in the future, and please stay connected. I can speak for our #SouthieMoonshiners family, & say how difficult it will be for us to not be there for everyone. To the Boston restaurant industry community and all of our neighbors, all of our love ❤️? #strongertogether
Leave A Comment