Would you like a little cheese with that wine?
Local 149 (149 P Street) will feature their first ever wine dinner on Monday, December 5th with Ruby Wines. Come and taste the best of the holiday season and find inspiration for your own holiday entertaining as Chef Leah Dubois presents some of her favorite pairings with each course centered around a local cheese.
Here’s a little food foreplay to get the blood pumping:
- Local and Regional Selection of Unreleased Cheeses and Meats ?paired with Graham Beck Demi-Sec punch??
- Winter Salad of Roasted and Pickled Beets, Smooth Blue and Caramel Corn?paired with Graham Beck Chenin Blanc
- ??Smoked Codfishwich, Porter Cheddar ?paired with Lucien Crochet Sancerre ??Burgundy
- Braised Beef Short Ribs, apricot jam and crystallized pistachio and Manchego pomme puree? paired with Owen Roe “Sinister Hand” (grenache/syrah/mourvedre/counoise)
- ??Heart Song Chocolate Goat Cheese Cake paired with Ferreira Porto, Vintage 2000
The price for this event is $50 and can purchased at www.local149.com or ticketleap.com
We’re getting hungry just thinking about it!