How does marching/riding in the 2020 St. Patrick’s Day parade in a prominent spot, sporting a “Mayor of Southie” sash with five of your friends sound? Well, it could be you this year! The organizers of the parade – The Allied War Veterans Council- have announced that the Mayor of Southie contest is back! This fundraising effort allows members of the South Boston community to participate in a spirited competition to help raise funds to support the parade! BONUS: This year the mayor will receive tickets to the Dropkick Murphy’s at the House of Blues in March!
What does that mean?
Basically, you organize fundraising events to support your candidacy for Mayor of Southie. Think mixers at bars, karaoke parties, raffles and more! If you raise the most funds, you’re the winner! So you get to have fun events during the long and long days of winter, help raise money for the parade and potentially have bragging rights for a year that you’re the Mayor of Southie!
Call for Candidates
The elected Mayor of Southie will be rewarded with the following honors:
- A prominent spot in the 2020 parade for the Mayor & up to 5 supporters & a key role in the parade opening ceremony
- ‘Mayor of Southie 2020’ sash & plaque
- 2 tickets to & recognition at both Chief Marshal Banquet & Evacuation Day Banquet
- 2 tickets to the Dropkick Murphys at House of Blues Boston (your choice of dates from March 14, 15, or 17 shows), & VIP passes to the friends and family pre and post-show in the House of Blues Foundation Room
- Media attention & interviews from local media & parade website/social media
- A surprise gift
Runners-up who raise more than $1,000 will earn 2 tickets to the Evacuation Day Banquet, & will be recognized as a contributor to the St. Patrick’s Day / Evacuation Day Parade
The race officially starts on January 1st, 2020. Those interested in participating must first officially register with the Parade Committee by the following ways:
- Mon, 12/16 16th at 7pm at McDonough Post #368 at 329 West Broadway
- If unable to attend either meeting, please contact email@example.com
To learn more or to enter, visit here!